Revealing Chopin's Fantasie-Impromptu

Years ago, my piano teacher (Mrs. Tjin Tjin, Ng) performed this composition on one of our annual recital in Balikpapan. As far as I can remember, that was the time when I fell in love with this piece. It was not only about the sound, but the whole performance; how it was being played. Since then, I had always been dreaming that one day, I would be able to play it. Well, apparently, I still do.

This Improptu by Chopin brings some kind of mysteries to my ear and to my senses. So, it's relieving to find a video that tells the history of this renowned "Improptu No. 4 in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 66" or popularly known as "Fantasie-Improptu".

Paul Barton: Chopin 'Fantasie-Impromptu' - History & Tutorial






Makassar, January 24, 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tentang Sebuah Hubungan

[Ulasan Buku] Manuscript Found in Accra

Ulasan Musik: London Grammar